UFC officials have announced that TUF winner Kelvin Gastelum will take on Tyron Woodley in the co-main event of UFC 183 on January 31. The main event will feature the middleweight bout between former champion Anderson Silva and Nick Diaz.
The event will take place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Gastelum (10-0) continued his winning streak in his lasting outing with a first round submission win over Jake Ellenberger at UFC 180. Gastelum is now (5-0) in the UFC and a win over Woodley would put him on the very short list of fighters near a title shot.
Woodley (14-3) is coming off a TKO win over Dong Hyun Kim in his last outing in August. Woodley has won three of his last four fights with the lone loss coming via unanimous decision against Rory MacDonald at UFC 174.
The UFC 183 card is below:
- Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz
- Kelvin Gastelum vs. Tyron Woodley
- Miesha Tate vs. Sara McMann
- Jordein Mein vs. Thiago Alves
- Richardson Moreira vs. Ildemar Alcantara
- Diego Brandao vs. Jimy Hettes
- Thiago Santos vs. Andy Enz
- Rafael Natal vs. Tom Watson
- Tim Boetsch vs. Thales Leites
Stay tuned to ProMMAnow.com for more UFC 183 news and coverage.