One day before the UFC 177 Pay-Per-View event in Sacramento, the card loses one of its headliners, Renan Barao, as well as well as the bout between Henry Cejudo and Scott Jorgensen. Barao and Cejudo both had complications cutting weight. Also, because Joe Soto has been plucked from the preliminary card to fill in for Barao, his original opponent Anthony Birchak is left with his d*ck in his hand. In just a matter of hours the nine-fight card went to a seven-fight card.
UFC color commentator Joe Rogan properly called the card “cursed” at today’s weigh-ins.
If you do shell out the $54.99 for the PPV, here’s what you’ll get:
- Bantamweight: T.J. Dillashaw (c) vs. Joe Soto
- Lightweight: Tony Ferguson vs. Danny Castillo
- Women’s Bantamweight: Bethe Correia vs. Shayna Baszler
- Lightweight: Ramsey Nijem vs. Carlos Diego Ferreira
- Lightweight: Yancy Medeiros vs. Damon Jackson
Now, we want to know if you think the UFC 177 PPV is “still” worth buying — or was it ever worth it in the first place?