The UFC Fight Night 48 event took place in Macao, China, early Saturday morning with Michael Bisping taking on Cung Le in the main event. Bisping used his patented volume punching and footwork to get the best of Le, battering him with headshot and closing the right eye of Le before finishing him in the fourth round via TKO. Le did shine in a few spots, landing a number of kicks to the body which Bisping admitted did hurt him a bit in his post-fight interview.
The co-main event saw Tyron Woodley land a crushing right hand as Dong Hyun Kim went for a spinning backfist. Woodley followed the punch up with big ground and pound strikes to finish Kim in the very first round. A big win for Woodley coming off the disappointing loss to Rory MacDonald in his last fight.
The full UFC Macao results are below:
- Milana Dudieva def. Elizabeth Phillips via split decision (30-27, 28-29, 29-28)
- Royston Wee def. Yao Zhikui via split decision (29-28, 27-30, 29-28)
- Colby Covington def. Anying Wang via submission (strikes) – Round 1, 4:50
- Yuta Sasaki def. Roland Delorme via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 1:06
- Alberto Mina def. Shinsho Anzai via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 4:17
- Wang Sai def. Danny Mitchell via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Ning Guangyou def. Jianping Yang via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Zhang Lipeng def. Brendan O’Reilly via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Tyron Woodley def. Dong Hyun Kim via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 1:01
- Michael Bisping def. Cung Le via TKO (punches) – Round 4, 0:57