The first Hardrock MMA event that I attended was in Bowling Green at the Sloan Convention Center. It was MMA in one room and a prom in the other. Oh, how times have changed. Now the Kentucky powerhouse promotion demands the entire conference center to meet the demand of the fans and they return tomorrow night for 13 fights.
The main event will feature a rematch of local fighter Josh Phelps and Jr. Hines. The two met last year in Somerset in a fight that saw Hines defeat Phelps after some confusion. Phelps possibly has the worst luck but the best fans in the business. The other professional fight pits Braedon Ward against Derik Byrd. Byrd is looking to hit his stride as a professional and has the ability to end fights with just one swing.
On the amateur side of things you have to think the fight of the night will be between Robby Malof and Ricky Jones Jr. Malof makes his return after an extended absence and Jones is trying to build off back to back wins. It will be a match up of similar styles and one the fans should enjoy. The other amateur fight worth mentioning will be the featherweight battle between former Hardrock MMA lightweight champ William Debandi as he faces Tyler Stover.
It all kicks off tomorrow night as doors open at 6 p.m. CT and the first fight is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. CT. BluegrassMMA will be on hand to bring you all of the results. Here is a look at the fight card as it stands.
- Joshua Phelps vs Jonathan Hines
- Braedon Ward vs Derik Byrd
- Zachary Northrup vs Ryan Roark
- Aaron Gabbard vs Tristen Keller
- Ricky Jones, Jr. vs Robby Malof
- Troy Cowan vs Bobbie Stacker
- Storm Otterson vs Jeff Bryant
- William Debandi vs Tyler Stover
- Brian Kerr vs Justin Wilder
- Aaron Garsee vs Dylan Osterman
- Christopher Baskerville vs Brandon Morton
- Eric Gant vs Ronald Rowe
- Joseph Saylor vs Vehab Cuturic