Injury making headlines today. The UFC announced a couple changes to upcoming cards and one of those include surging bantamweight Bryan Caraway. We learned earlier that Caraway has been forced to withdraw from his UFC 170 bout with Lucas Martins. At this time Martins has not been given an opponent for the February 22nd engagement.
— UFC News (@UFCNews) January 28, 2014
Caraway had been out of action for awhile. He was last in action at UFC 159 in April of 2013. He was one of Miesha Tate’s coaches on The Ultimate Fighter 18. Martins on the other hand fought three times in 2013 going 2-1 and suffering the only defeat of his career. He has won back to back fights and has only been to a decision once in fourteen wins.
UFC 170 is being headlined by Caraway’s good pal Ronda Rousey as she defends her bantamweight title against fellow Olympian Sara McMann. The event is scheduled to take place on February 22nd at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. Check out the lineup here and stay close to ProMMAnow (www.prommanow.com) for all of your coverage on this event.
UFC Fight Pass Prelims – 7 p.m. ET
- Zach Makovsky vs. Josh Sampo
- Erik Koch vs. Rafaello Oliveira
Prelims – FOX Sports 1 – 8 p.m. ET
- Alexis Davis vs. Jessica Eye
- Raphael Assuncao vs. Francisco Rivera
- Lucas Martins vs. TBA
- Mike Pyle vs. T.J. Waldburger
Pay Per View – 10 p.m. ET
- Rafael dos Anjos vs. Rustam Khabilov
- Stephen Thompson vs. Robert Whittaker
- Rory MacDonald vs. Demian Maia
- Daniel Cormier vs. Rashad Evans
- Ronda Rousey vs. Sara McMann