UFC officials have announced that former interim UFC welterweight champion Carlos Condit will take on Tyron Woodley at UFC 171. Condit was supposed to face Matt Brown at the UFC on FOX 9 event that took place last week, but Brown had to withdraw from the bout at the last minute due to an injury. Woodley is coming off an impressive first round KO win over former title challenger Josh Koscheck at UFC 167.
The UFC 171 event will take place on March 15 in Dallas, Texas, at the American Airlines Arena. The event will be headlined by the vacant UFC welterweight title fight between Johny Hendricks and Robbie Lawler. Former UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre vacated the title after defeating Johny Hendricks via controversial split decision at UFC 167. Lawler defeated top contender and St-Pierre training partner Rory MacDonald at the same event.
The UFC 171 tentative lineup is below:
- Johny Hendricks vs. Robbie Lawler
- Carlos Condit vs. Tyron Woodley
- Jake Shields vs. Hector Lombard
- Thiago Silva vs. Ovince St. Preux
- Diego Sanchez vs. Myles Jury
- Tor Troeng vs. Robert McDaniel
- Sean Spencer vs. Alex Garcia