UFC officials have announced that UFC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis has had to withdraw from his upcoming title defense against Josh Thomson that’s slated for December 14th. The event will now be headlined by the UFC flyweight title fight between champion Demetrious Johnson and challenger Joseph Benavidez. That fight will be a rematch between the two fighters, Johnson took a unanimous decision win over Benavidez at UFC 152 to win the inaugural UFC flyweight title.
The UFC on FOX 9 event is set to take place on December 14 at the Sleep Train Arena in Sacramento, California. The UFC on FOX 9 fight card is below:
- Demetrious Johnson vs. Joseph Benavidez
- Urijah Faber vs. Michael McDonald
- Carlos Condit vs. Matt Brown
- Chad Mendes vs. Nik Lentz
- Kelvin Gastelum vs. Court McGee
- John Dodson vs. Scott Jorgensen
- Danny Castillo vs. Edson Barboza
- Joe Lauzon vs. Mac Danzig
- Jamie Varner vs. Pat Healy
- Abel Trujillo vs. Roger Bowling
- Sam Stout vs. Cody McKenzie
- John Moraga vs. Darren Uyenoyama
Stay tuned to ProMMAnow.com for more UFC on FOX 9 news and coverage.