The UFC rolls into Fort Campbell for a night in honor of our men and women of the military. Fight for the Troops 3. This is the first of two events this week but looking at this card you have to think there are fights that have huge promise.
One fight that you have to watch for is Francisco Rivera versus George Roop. Rivera is a knockout artist and has finished his last two fights inside the Octagon. Roop has won back to back fights and was impressive in his TKO win over Brian Bowles at UFC 160.
The co-main event features a pair of contenders for the women’s bantamweight championship. Liz Carmouche is coming off a big win in her last outing as is Alexis Davis. Davis defeated R0si Sexton in her UFC debut and has won three in a row. The winner of this fight has to be considered on the short list of challengers to the winner of Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate later this year.
In the main even Tim Kennedy will look to put on the fight of his life for his fellow soldiers at Ft. Campbell as he meets Rafael Sapo Natal. Natal has won five of his last six UFC fights. Kennedy has won back to back fights since dropping a decision to Luke Rockhold for the Strikeforce middleweight title.
The action kicks off tomorrow with your online prelims being aired on www.FOXsports.com beginning at 3:15 p.m. ET. The action moves to FOX Sports 1 at 5 and will remain there all night for the rest of the action. Here is a look at the fight card.
Main Card (FOX Sports 1, 7 p.m. ET)
- Tim Kennedy vs. Rafael Natal
- Liz Carmouche vs. Alexis Davis
- Ronny Markes vs. Yoel Romero
- Rustam Khabilov vs. Jorge Masvidal
- Michael Chiesa vs. Colton Smith
Preliminary Card (FOX Sports 1, 5 p.m. ET)
- Bobby Green vs. James Krause
- Francisco Rivera vs. George Roop
- Dennis Bermudez vs. Steven Siler
- Amanda Nunes vs. Germaine de Randamie
Online Prelims (FOXsports.com, 3:15 p.m. ET)
- Chris Camozzi vs. Lorenz Larkin
- Yves Edwards vs. Yancy Medeiros
- Seth Baczynski vs. Neil Magny
- Derek Brunson vs. Brian Houston