Fighter weigh-ins for Bellator MMA 97 took place this afternoon at Stage nightclub at the Santa Ana Star Casino in Rio Rancho, N.M. Headliners Michael Chandler and David Rickels both made weight for their Lightweight Title bout with Chandler coming in at 154. 4 pounds and Rickels weighing in at 154.6 pounds.
Two preliminary card fighters failed to make weight. Richard Jaques and Cliff Wright Jr. both forfeited a portion of their purse for missing weight.
Wednesday’s Bellator MMA 97 card will feature a Bellator Lightweight Title Fight, a Welterweight Title Fight and the Light Heavyweight and Heavyweight Tournament Finals. The first fight kicks off at 3:30 p.m. MT and streaming live on Spike.com The televised portion of the night will begin at 5 p.m. MT and will air live on Spike TV.
- Bellator Lightweight World Title Fight: Michael Chandler (154.4) vs. David Rickels (154.6)
- Bellator Welterweight World Title Fight: Ben Askren (169.9) vs. Andrey Koreschkov (169.2)
- Bellator Light Heavyweight Tournament Final: King Mo (205.6) vs. Jacob Noe (205.7)
- Bellator Heavyweight Tournament Final: Ryan Martinez (262.7) vs. Vitaly Minakov (239.1)
- Featherweight Feature Fight: Jared Downing (145.9) vs. Patricio Pitbull (145.1)
- Catchweight Feature Fight (158 lbs.): Cris Leyva (157.3) vs. Will Brooks (157.5)
- Bantamweight Tournament Semifinal Fight: Rafael Silva (136) vs. Rodrigo Lima (135.4)
- Bantamweight Tournament Semifinal Fight: Anthony Leone (135.9) vs. Frank Baca (135.4)
- Lightweight Feature Fight: Mike Barreras (155.8) vs. Bubba Jenkins (156.0)
- Catchweight Feature Fight (190 lbs): Jeremy Kimball (189.2) vs. Keith Berry (189.9)
- Bantamweight Feature Fight: Russell Wilson (135.6) vs. Shawn Bunch (135.6)
- Bantamweight Catchweight Fight (150 lbs): Javier Palacios (148.4) vs. Richard Jacques (151.2)**
- Bantamweight Feature Fight: Adrian Cruz (136.0) vs. Felipe Chavez (134.9)
- Featherweight Feature Fight: Cliff Wright Jr. (148.8)** vs. Donald Sanchez (145.4)
**Both Richard Jacques and Cliff Wright Jr. forfeited a portion of their purse for missing weight