Weigh-ins for INVICTA FC 6: COENEN vs. CYBORG were held Friday at the Aladdin Holiday Inn in Kansas City, Mo. Headliners Marloes Coenen and Cris Cyborg both made weight for their featherweight championship bout. Coenen was right on the mark at 145 pounds, while Cyborg had to remove her .2 lbs. string bikini to make the limit.
Among those missing weigh were Austria’s Livia Von Plettenberg who came in at 113 pounds, a whopping 7 pounds over the atomweight non-title fight limit of 106 pounds. She has 2 hours to make weight but that would take a miracle — like loaves to fishes, water to wine type sh–.
Tamikka Brents at least has a good excuse for coming in 4.1 pounds over her 151 pound catchweight bout with Ediane Gomes. Brents took the fight on just two days notice after Gomes’ original opponent Charmaine Tweet was forced to withdraw due to visa issues. Brents has 2 hours to try and keep her fight purse in-tact.
Surprisingly, former atomweight champ Jessica Penne missed weight. She weighed in at 106.3 pounds with her clothes on, then 106.1 pounds after disrobing. She only needs to lose .1 lbs for her bout with Nicdali Rivera-Calanoc, so she should be able to pull it off. Worse case scenario she could shave her head. Hey — if 25% of your purse was on the line, you’d do it too!
Invicta FC 6 goes down Saturday night at the Ameristar Casino Kansas City and will air LIVE on television Pay-Per-View starting at 9 p.m. ET (6 p.m. PT). The PPV will also be available on Ustream for International fans. Preliminary card action will stream live online on InvictaFC.com for FREE starting at 8 p.m. ET (5 p.m. PT). ProMMAnow.com (www.prommanow.com) will provide LIVE results and play-by-play commentary during the fights so join us for the discussion
The full Invicta FC 6 weigh-in results include:
- Featherweight: Netherlands – Marloes Coenen (145) vs. Brazil – Cristiane Santos (144.9)*^
- Strawweight: Brazil – Claudia Gadelha (114.5) vs. Japan – Ayaka Hamasaki (115.3)
- Bantamweight: United States – Sarah D’Alelio (134.8) vs. United States – Lauren Taylor (134.8)
- Flyweight: United States – Leslie Smith (125.1) vs. Brazil – Jennifer Maia (124.6)
- Atomweight: United States – Jessica Penne (106.1)^* vs. United States – Nicdali Rivera-Calanoc (105.7)
- Strawweight: Scotland – Joanne Calderwood (115.7) vs. United States – Norma Rueda Center (115.8)
- Strawweight: Australia – Bec Hyatt (115.5) vs. Japan – Mizuki Inoue (113.3)^^
- Bantamweight: United States – Miriam Nakamoto (135.5) vs. Serbia – Duda Yankovich (134.7)
- Strawweight: United States Tecia Torres (115.6) vs. United States Rose Namajunas (114.7)
- Catchweight 151 lbs: Brazil – Ediane Gomes (149) vs. United States – Tamikka Brents (155.1)^
- Strawweight: United States – Ashley Cummins (115.9) vs. United States – Emily Kagan (115.3)
- Featherweight: United States – Mollie Estes (144.7) vs. United States – Veronica Rothenhausler**
- Atomweight: United States – Cassie Robb (105.8) vs. Austria – Livia von Plettenberg (113)*
Invicta FC takes making weight serious. Ladies who miss weight on their first attempt will forfeit 10% of their fight purse to their opponent. And if they are still unable to make weight on their second attempt, 25% of their purse goes to their opponent.
*Von Plettenberg has 2 hours to make 106-pound limit.
**Veronica Reothenhausler deemed medically unable to compete. Fight is off. Mollie Estes weighed in and will still be paid her fight purse.
^Tamikka Brents took the fight on two days notice. Has 2 hours to make 151 lbs..
^^Mizuki Inoue is only 18-years-old
^*Jessica Penne weighed in at 106.3 on first try, then 106.1 on second try. She has 2 hours to lose .1 lbs.
*^Cyborg weighed in at 145.1 lbs on her first try. Because it is a title fight she could not weigh more than 145 lbs. After removing her string bikini, Cyborg made weight at 144.9 lbs.