The UFC interim bantamweight title fight between Renan Barao and Eddie Wineland now has a new date. The fight will be the co-main event of UFC 165 which will be headlined by the light heavyweight title fight between champion Jon Jones and challenger Alexander Gustafsson.
The Barao/Wineland fight was scheduled to main event UFC 161, but the fight had to be canceled when Barao suffered an injury.
UFC 165 will take place on Saturday, September 21, in Toronto, Canada.
Barao (32-1, 1NC) has gone 31 straight fights without a loss (30 wins, 1 no contest). He took out Michael McDonald in his last outing, winning via fourth round arm triangle choke.
Wineland (20-8-1) has won back-to-back fights against tough opposition in Scott Jorgensen and Brad Pickett and looks to hold championship gold once again with a win over Barao.
The UFC 165 card thus far is below:
- Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson (UFC light heavyweight title fight)
- Renan Barao vs. Eddie Wineland (UFC interim bantamweight fight)
- Ivan Menjivar vs. Kid Yamamoto
- Chris Clements vs. Stephen Thompson
- Mike Ricci vs. Myles Jury
- Nandor Guelmino vs. Daniel Omielanczuk
- Mark Bocek vs. Michel Prazeres
Stay tuned to ProMMAnow.com for more UFC 165 news and coverage.