Cage Warriors Fighting Championship (CWFC) Fight Night 8 took place at the Mirbeh Sports Hall in Al Fujairah, United Arab Emirates, this past Saturday, May 11.
In the headline bout of the evening British fighter Jack Mason extended his winning streak to four, defeating late replacement Collin Reuter via unanimous decision in a welterweight matchup. It was Mason’s take-downs and wrestling that allowed him to stay dominant throughout most of the fight, grinding his way to a victory.
Elsewhere on the main card, Faycal Hucin scored a first round submission victory over Antoni Chmielewski. After an aggressive back and forth start to the fight Chmielewski managed to get his opponent to the ground, but Hucin attacked from his back, locked in a triangle and gave Chmielewski no option but to tap.
In other action, James Brum scored a unanimous decision victory over Oliver Pastor. Martin Buschkamp defeated Matteus Lahdesmaki via unanimous decision, and Gregor Herb picked up a split decision win over Mike Ling.
The full CWFC Fight Night 8 results are below:
- Jack Mason def. Collin Reuter via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Faycal Hucin def. Antoni Chmielewski via submission (triangle choke) – Round 1, 2:12
- James Brum def. Olivier Pastor via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Martin Buschkamp def. Matteus Lahdesmaki via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-26)
- Gregor Herb def. Mike Ling via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- Mauro Chimento def. Domingos Mestre via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 2, 4:30
- Mohamed Ali def. Sylvain Potard via TKO (strikes) – Round 3, 4:07
- Sean Carter def. Matt Hughes via submission (standing guillotine choke) – Round 2, 1:44
Stay close to ProMMAnow (www.prommanow.com) for all the latest MMA news.