Final four set as Uriah Hall and Josh Samman move on in the competition, joining Kelvin Gastelum and Dylan Andrews
Series concludes next Tuesday on FX at 9 p.m. ET/PT
Las Vegas, Nevada – The Ultimate Fighter® semi-finals are set. The reality series returned to FX on Tuesday night, with the 11th episode of the season – Vicious – narrowing the field of middleweight competitors down to four. Josh Samman of Tallahassee, Florida and New Yorker Uriah Hall won their quarterfinal bouts, successfully securing spots in the final four alongside Yuma, Arizona’s Kelvin Gastelum and Kiwi Dylan Andrews.
Ever the humble competitor, Samman, 9-2 in mixed martial arts, used his opportunity in the Octagon® to showcase his striking ability to once again submit grappler Jimmy Quinlan, 3-0, at 4:40 of the first round. Then, the spectacular Uriah Hall, 7-2, needed only eight seconds to finish Bubba McDaniel, 20-6, by TKO in the very first round.
The show concludes next Tuesday, April 9 on FX at 9 p.m. ET/PT (check local listings for Central and Mountain Time) with the semifinal fights. Then, the final four do battle with a spot in the live finale at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nev. on Saturday, April 13th on the line.
A full recap is available at ufc.com.
Results after episode 11:
Team Sonnen – coached by UFC® light heavyweight Chael Sonnen – (6-6)
- Luke Barnatt (1-1, TKO win over Gilbert Smith in episode 2, TKO’d by Dylan Andrews in episode 10)
- Uriah Hall (2-0, KO’d Adam Cella in episode 3, defeated Bubba McDaniel by TKO in episode 11)
- Zak Cummings (0-1, lost a UD to Dylan Andrews in episode 8)
- Tor Troeng (0-1, lost to Josh Samman via TKO in episode 6)
- Jimmy Quinlan (1-1, submitted Clint Hester in episode 7, submitted by Josh Samman in episode 11)
- Kevin Casey (0-2, lost a UD to Collin Hart in episode 4, lost via TKO [failure to answer to bell] to Bubba McDaniel in episode 9)
- Kelvin Gastelum (2-0, submitted Bubba McDaniel in episode 5, defeated Collin Hart by KO in episode 10)
Team Jones – coached by UFC® light heavyweight champion Jon Jones – (6-6)
- Clint Hester (0-1, submitted by Jimmy Quinlan in episode 7)
- Josh Samman (2-0, defeated Tor Troeng by TKO in episode 6, submitted Jimmy Quinlan in episode 11)
- Bubba McDaniel (1-2, submitted by Kelvin Gastelum in episode 5, defeated Kevin Casey by TKO [failure to answer to bell] in episode 9, TKO’d by Uriah Hall in episode 11)
- Gilbert Smith (0-1, TKO’d by Luke Barnatt in episode 2)
- Collin Hart (1-1, defeated Kevin Casey by UD in episode 4, TKO’d by Kelvin Gastelum in episode 10)
- Adam Cella (0-1, KO’d by Uriah Hall in episode 3)
- Dylan Andrews (2-0, defeated Zak Cummings by UD in episode 8, defeated Luke Barnatt by TKO in episode 10)
After speaking to the coaches and semifinalists, Ultimate Fighting Championship® President Dana White selected the semifinal match-ups:
Josh Samman (Team Jones) vs. Kelvin Gastelum (Team Sonnen)
Uriah Hall (Team Sonnen) vs. Dylan Andrews (Team Jones)
Tickets for The Ultimate Fighter® Finale are on-sale now. To purchase tickets to the April 13th event at Mandalay Bay Events Center, or for more information, visit the Mandalay Bay Events Center Box Office, all Ticketmaster locations, www.ticketmaster.com, or charge-by-phone at800.745.3000.