UFC officials have announced several bout for the upcoming UFC 161: Barao vs. Wineland event that’s set for June 15 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
Barao (30-1, 1NC) is coming off his first successful defense of his interim title with a fourth round submission win over Michael McDonald in Febuary.
Wineland (20-8-1) has won back-to-back fights after losing back-to-back fights in his first two UFC bouts. Wineland was the first ever WEC bantamweight champion in 2006.
The PPV event is set to take place at the MTS Centre with preliminary fights airing on FX and Facebook.
The UFC 161 card thus far is below:
- Renan Barao vs. Eddie Wineland (UFC interim bantamweight title)
- Mauricio “Shogun” Rua vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
- Rashad Evans vs. Dan Henderson
- Stipe Miocic vs. Soa Palelei
- Jake Shields vs. Tyron Woodley
- Pat Barry vs. Shawn Jordan
- Sam Stout vs. Isaac Vallie-Flagg
- Sean Pierson vs. TJ Waldburger
- John Maguire vs. Mitch Clarke
- Ryan Jimmo vs. Igor Pokrajac
Stay tuned to ProMMAnow.com for more UFC 161 news and coverage.