CLOVIS, Calif. – Alberto Arreola puts his perfect amateur mixed martial arts record on the line this Saturday in Lemoore, Calif.
Arreola has amassed a 7-0 mark in less than a year fighting in three different weight classes for 559 Fights. He makes his long awaited debut in Lemoore where he wrestled for West Hills College Lemoore and now trains at Team Ochoa.
“Arreola is one of those guys who is always ready and in shape,” said 559 Fights president Jeremy Luchau. “You can really appreciate a fighter like that. He is one of the main reasons we wanted to come to Lemoore to do some fights.”
559 Fights will make its first trip to Lemoore, as the cage will drop down at the Cinnamon Recreation Complex. Tickets start at just $30 and can be purchased at Visalia’s MMA Gear in the Sequoia Mall in Visalia, Black Market Supplements in Fresno and online at www.559fights.com. Doors open at 6 p.m. and fights start at 7.
Kurt Eberhard (2-0) steps up to take on Arreola in the lightweight main event. This will be Eberhard’s biggest test in the cage to date.
In the co-main event, Lemoore welterweight Nick Sierra (3-0) will battle Madera’s Chris Huerta (3-4).
“We have 15 fights on this card right now and I’m pretty excited about a lot of these bouts. I think the Sierra vs. Huerta bout will be fun and I’m really looking forward to the Anthony Martinez vs. Eric Huggins bout.”
Lemoore’s Martinez (3-1) takes on an up-and-coming middleweight from Bakersfield in Huggins (2-1).
559 Fights has had 11 events in less than a year and is one of the fastest growing amateur promotions in California.
“We take a lot of pride in putting a great product out for people to see. We work really hard on our production, or videos and our fights,” said Luchau, who formerly promoted Tachi Palace Fights. “We want to feed into a lot of the other bigger promotions in the state and help give fighters a launch pad to start their young careers.”
Weighins take place at Ethel Red’s Chop House at 10 a.m.
In other bouts;
- -Kerman cruiserweight Leo Cantu (5-1-1) vs. Fresno’s Paul Porter (1-1).
- -Fresno welterweight Evan Solorio (2-1) vs. Mountain View’s Benji Silva (4-2).
- -Fresno featherweight James Spear (2-4-1) vs. Bakersfield’s Marcel Cyprian (2-1).
- -Lemoore middleweight Pedro Serrato (0-0) s. Hanford’s Mark Scambia (1-0).
- -Delano featherweight Ernesto Zamano (0-4) vs. Exeter’s Alex Valencia (1-1).
- -Porterville welterweight Aaron Ziegler (0-0) vs. Fowler’s Juan Barajas (0-0).
- -Reedley lightweight William Johnson (0-1) vs. Tulare’s David Anthony Garcia (1-2).
- -Porterville cruiserweight Rosendo Razon (0-0) vs. Hanford’s Alfredo Cervantes (2-0).