The UFC officially announced another women’s bantamweight bout that will take place in the near future. Olympic medalist Sara McMann will make her promotional debut against Sheila Gaff at UFC 159.
The event will take place at the Prudential Center on April 27 and will take place in Newark, New Jersey.
The UFC light heavyweight title fight between Jon Jones and Chael Sonnen will headline the card. The two are opposing coaches on the current season of “The Ultimate Fighter” airing on FX each Tuesday night.
McMann (6-0) was last seen in action earning a tough unanimous decision over Shayna Baszler at the Invicta FC 2 event last July. She has one TKO finish to her credit as well as two submission victories.
Gaff (10-4-1) was last seen in action knocking out Jennifer Maia in the Cage Warriors promotion in March 2012. The German fighter has won three consecutive fights as well as finishing every opponent either via TKO or submission in her 10 wins.
The UFC 159 card so far is below:
- Jon Jones vs. Chael Sonnen (UFC Light Heavyweight Title Fight)
- Michael Bisping vs. Alan Belcher
- Roy Nelson vs. Cheick Kongo
- Phil Davis vs. Vinny Magalhaes
- Jim Miller vs. Pat Healy
- Sara McMann vs. Sheila Gaff
- Rustam Khabilov vs. Yancy Medeiros
- Ovince St. Preux vs. Gian Villante
- Steven Siler vs. Jimy Hettes
- Al Iaquinta vs. Joe Proctor
- Nick Catone vs. James Head