Jay “Da Spyda Killa” Silva (8-6) will face Leo “Bushido” Bercier (7-2-1, 1 NC) at MFC 36: Reality Check. The middleweight fight is one of three set to take place in the Maximum Fighting Championship and rounds out the finalized main-card. The other two slots in the middleweight class feature defending champion Elvis “The King” Mutapcic against contender “Smilen” Sam Alvey, and Jason “The Savage” Zentgraf versus Luke “Hayabusa” Harris.
Bercier enters the match with knockout wins in two of his last three fights, replacing the previously announced Jacen Flynn. Six of his career wins are knockouts, and six of the seven wins under his belt are first round wins.
Silva, who fights out of Huntington Beach, California, finally makes his highly-anticipated and long-awaited inaugural entrance into the MFC ring with this fight after coming off a second-round submission win against Kendall Grove and wins in three of his last five fights, including the largest win of his career.
MFC 36 will air live from the Shaw Conference Centre in Edmonton, Alberta, on Friday, February 15, beginning at 10 PM ET/8 PM MT/7 PM PT (check local listings for channel designation). An undercard will be announced in the near future.
The six-fight main card for MFC 36 live on AXS TV Fights is now set with the following bouts:
- Graham Spencer (9-1, 1 NC) vs. Mukai Maromo (8-2), MFC lightweight title
- Sam Alvey (19-4, 1 NC) vs. Elvis Mutapcic (12-2), MFC middleweight title
- Mike Hackert (6-1) vs. Smealinho Rama (5-0), heavyweight
- Jason Zentgraf (6-1) vs. Luke Harris (9-2), middleweight
- Leo Bercier (7-2-1, 1 NC) vs. Jay Silva (8-6), middleweight
- Dave Castillo (16-5, 1 NC) vs. Kurt Southern (10-3), lightweight
Tickets for MFC 36: Reality Check are on sale now and available at www.ticketmaster.ca or by calling the MFC Ticket Hotline at (780) 504-2024.