Heavyweight fighter Josh Barnett was the highest paid fighter on the final Strikeforce card that took place on Saturday night in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
He defeated Nandor Guelmino via submission in the first round to cash in big. The other top earners were Daniel Cormier, Gegard Mousasi, and Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza to round out a total payroll of $1,153,500.
The full list of “Strikeforce: Marquardt vs. Saffiedine” reported salaries is below:
- Tarec Saffiedine: $39,000 (includes $19,500 win bonus) defeated. Nate Marquardt: $40,000
- Daniel Cormier: $120,000 (includes $60,000 win bonus) defeated Dion Staring: $8,000
- Josh Barnett: $250,000 (no win bonus) defeated Nandor Guelmino: $12,000
- Gegard Mousasi: $175,000 (no win bonus) defeated Mike Kyle: $25,000
- Ronaldo Souza: $100,500 (includes $28,000 win bonus) defeated Ed Herman: $34,000
- Ryan Couture: $22,000 (includes $7,000 win bonus) defeated KJ Noons: $41,000
- Tim Kennedy: $80,000 (includes $25,000 win bonus) defeated Trevor Smith: $8,000
- Pat Healy: $42,000 (includes $15,000 win bonus) defeated Kurt Holobaugh: $9,000
- Roger Gracie: $94,000 (includes $47,000 win bonus) defeated Anthony Smith: $10,000
- Adriano Martins: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus) defeated Jorge Gurgel: $10,000
- Estevan Payan: $12,000 (includes $6,000 win bonus) defeated Michael Bravo: $6,000
Many of these fighters will be moving over to the UFC now that Strikeforce is defunct, and it’ll be interesting to see if those contracts mirror what they were currently making in Strikeforce.