The UFC completed its 2012 slate with UFC 155 on Saturday night, but will be getting right back on the horse in 2013 with the UFC on FX 7 event on January 19th.
UFC President Dana White has stated that Michael Bisping will likely get a title shot against Anderson Silva should he defeat Belfort. If Belfort wins, White stated that he’s not sure that they’ll give Belfort another shot since the first fight ended in a dramatic KO so quickly and that Silva more than likely wouldn’t be interested in a rematch.
There are some solid fighters on this card. Heavyweight Ben Rothwell will look for his second consecutive win in the UFC as he takes on former title contender Gabriel Gonzaga. Khabib Nurmagomedov will look to remain undefeated as he takes on UFC veteran Thiago Tavares. Also, ranked featherweight Diego Nunes will be in action and lightweight striker Edson Barboza will look to rebound from his first career defeat against Jamie Varner in his last outing.
Tune in on January 19th at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT on FX for the main card, and Fuel TV/Facebook for the prelims. The full fight card is below:
Main Card (FX)
- Vitor Belfort vs. Michael Bisping
- Daniel Sarafian vs. C.B. Dollaway
- Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Ben Rothwell
- Thiago Tavares vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov
Preliminary Card (Fuel and Facebook)
- Godofredo Pepey vs. Milton Vieira
- Ronny Markes vs. Andrew Craig
- Diego Nunes vs. Nik Lentz
- Edson Barboza vs. Justin Salas
- Yuri Alcantara vs. George Roop
- Francisco Trinaldo vs. C.J. Keith
- Wagner Prado vs. Roger Hollett
Be sure to make ProMMAnow (www.prommanow.com) your home for UFC on FX 7 news and coverage.