Daniel Pineda (17-8) is coming off a unanimous decision loss to Mike Brown at UFC 146 in what was a very competitive bout. Pineda had won his first two fights in the UFC and seven fights in a row prior to the loss. Pineda has 11 wins via submission and six wins via TKO/KO, but six of his losses have come via submission.
Antonio Carvalho (13-5) is coming off a unanimous decision loss to Felipe Arantas in his UFC debut at UFC 142 earlier this year. Carvalho had won three consecutive bouts prior to his first UFC loss. He has six wins via TKO/KO and three wins via submission.
UFC 149 will take place at the Scotiabank Saddledome and the tentative fight card can be found below:
- Urijah Faber vs. Renan Barao (UFC Interim Bantamweight Title)
- Hector Lombard vs. Tim Boetsch
- Court McGee vs. Nick Ring
- Ryan Jimmo vs. Anthony Perosh
- Bryan Caraway vs. Mitch Gagnon
- Mitche Clarke vs. Antono Kuivanen
- Cheick Kongo vs. Shawn Jordan
- Siyar Bahadurzada vs. Chris Clements
- Roland Delorme vs. Francisco Rivera
- Daniel Pineda vs. Antonio Carvalho
- Claude Patrick vs. James Head