Today D.J Linderman (11-3) defeated Bobby Brents (12-3) in the main event at Cage Warriors Fight Night 5. The heavyweight headline fight went to a decision with Linderman producing a dominant performance int he eyes of the judges.
The Cage Warriors Fight Night 5 event took place at the New Boxing Arena in Amman, Jordan. The preliminary matches were streamed on Facebook and the main card streamed on MMAjunkie.com.
Linderman was brought in as a last minute replacement for Chris Barnett who sustained a foot injury that left him unable to compete. Coming through to take up the vacant spot seems to have worked out great for Linderman who now looks likely to challenge the current Cage Warriors heavyweight champion Mike Hayes.
In the headline bout we saw D.J. win due to superior striking and foot work. Brent left the first round with a bloody nose as a result of Linderman’s stand up attack and although dominant in the clinch, Bobby was unable to match Linderman’s striking throughout the fight. Brents did manage to lock in a guillotine choke in the second round but was unable to end the fight with it. The third round was where we saw Linderman really pick Brents apart with his punches to secure yet another round. The judges awarded all three rounds to Linderman with the scorecards showing as 30-27, 30-27 and 29-28.
The results for Cage Warriors Fight Night 5 are as follows:
– D.J. Linderman def. Bobby Brents via unanimous decision.
– Pavel Kusch def. John Phillips via submission (heel hook) – middleweight-tournament semifinal.
– Victor Cheng def. Faycal Hucin via unanimous decision – middleweight-tournament semifinal.
– Liam James def. Jean N’Doye via split decision.
– Mike Ling def. Eric Cebarec via TKO (elbows).
– James Brun def. Thomas Back via unanimous decision.
– Kris Edwards def. Janne Elonen-Kulmala by unanimous decision.
– Mohamed Ali def. Doo Hwan Kim by unanimous decision.