Ranik Ultimate Fighting Federation (RUFF) held their third event Saturday night at the Congqing Indoor Stadium in Chongquing, China.
With nine professional MMA fights on the card, the “fight of the night” was said to be the main event between lightweights Rodrigo Caporal and Zhang LiPeng. Reports state Caporal gained the advantage early on, but LiPeng rallied and showed great heart. The bout went back and forth with LiPeng demonstrating excellent submission defense against the BJJ ace. The bout went the distance with the judges awarding Caporal a split decision victory.
As China’s first government sanctioned professional mixed martial arts promotion RUFF’s mission is to build home grown Chinese MMA talent. Their business model does not involve seeking out and signing UFC and TUF cast-a-ways as many regional shows have done.
Instead, they want to provide a platform where Chinese fighters can develop, earn a living as professional fighters and be celebrated for representing the ancient martial arts culture of their country. If you would like to learn more about RUFF, mixed martial arts in China and how the RUFF owners feel about the UFC coming into China, be sure to check out our interview with RUFF co-founder Joel Resnick, who was on Pro MMA Now Radio this past Thursday night.
RUFF 3 official results:
- Rodrigo Caporal def. Zhang LiPeng via majority decision (28-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Jumabieke Tuerxun def. Irshaad Sayed via split decision (29-27, 29-27, 27-29)
- Wang Guan def. Jiang ZhouWen via T.K.O. (punches), R1 3:05
- Ji Xian def. Xue GuoBin via submission (armbar), R1 1:19
- Ayideng Jumayi def. A Qiao via T.K.O.(punches), R1 1:10
- Yang Liang def. Wen JunCheng via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- TaYier def. LiBoLin via unanimous decision (29-27, 29-27, 29-27)
- Hasitieer TeerJiang def. Wan HongChen via T.K.O. (punches), R2 3:59
- Liu PingYuan def. Liu LianJie via submission (armbar), R1 4:31
Visit the RUFF website at www.ruffchina.com and follow RUFF on Twitter at @RUFFChina.