“David stood in front of Goliath, Adamek stood in front o Klitschko, Różalski will now face Le Banner” — that is how Poland’s premiere MMA league Konfrontacja Sztuk Walki is promoting the headliner for their upcoming KSW 18: Unfinished Sympathy event scheduled for Feb. 25 at Orlen Arena in Plock, Poland.
Polish heavyweight Marcin Rozalski, 33, is an undefeated up-and-comer who is 2-0 in his pro MMA career, having defeated Marcin Bartkiewicz (3-3) via second round TKO at KSW 15 and veteran Russian striker Sergey Shemetov (4-6) via first round TKO (arm injury) at KSW 16, both in 2011.
Rozalski has a tall order in front of him as he faces K-1 legend Jerome Le Banner (3-2-1). Although Le Banner has had only a handful of MMA fights over a 10-year span, the 39-year-old Frenchman holds a pro kickboxing record of 73-20-1, 1 NC with 59 wins coming by way of knockout. Le Banner also holds a pro boxing record of 6-0 with 5 wins by knockout.
The full seven-fight KSW 18 card currently looks like this:
- Heavyweight bout: Marcin Różalski vs. Jérôme Le Banner
- Light Heavyweight bout: Jan Błachowicz vs. TBA
- KSW Lightweight Championship bout: Artur Sowiński vs. Curt Warburton
- Heavyweight bout: Karol Bedorf vs. David Olivia
- Catchweight (160 lbs) bout: Maciej Jewtuszko vs. Dean Amasinger
- Heavyweight bout: Kamil Bazelak vs. Kamil Waluś
- Lightweight bout: TBA vs. Cengiz Dana