Injuries have caused changes to the UFC on FOX 2 card that will take place in Chicago on January 28th. Paul Sass and Eddie Wineland have been removed from the event due to injuries.
Paul Sass was originally scheduled to face Evan Dunham, but will now Nik Lentz has verbally agreed to face Dunham. Nik Lentz (24-4-2, 1NC) just fought at UFC 140, losing a unanimous decision to Mark Bocek and will be looking to get back into the win column after having his 12 fight win streak snapped.
Eddie Wineland was scheduled to face TUF 14’s Johnny Bedford, but has now been pulled from the event due to injuries. Wineland was originally scheduled to face Demetrious Johnson who is now moving down to the newly created UFC flyweight division. Bedford will remain on the card and a replacement will be named shortly. Below is how the UFC on FOX 2 card tentatively looks as of now:
- Rashad Evans vs. Phil Davis(Main Event on FOX)
- Chael Sonnen vs. Mark Munoz
- Michael Bisping vs. Demian Maia
Fuel TV Fights
- Cody McKenzie vs. Michael Johnson
- Mike Russow vs. John-Olav Einemo
- Cub Swanson vs. George Roop
- Chris Camozzi vs. Dustin Jacoby
- Lavar Johnson vs. Joey Beltran
- Evan Dunham vs. Nik Lentz
- Johnny Bedford vs. TBA