– Friday, July 22, 2011 11:00pm ET Featuring Ultimate Reno Combat 26 presents Relentless at the Grand Sierra Resort, Reno, Nevada. In one of the showcased matches, a pair of undefeated fighters lock horns as Erivelton Lopez (1-0) battles Brandon Costa (1-0) in a contest of up and coming heavyweights. Lopez won his first fight by armbar submission less than a minute into the fight. Costa won his fight by TKO/injury in the first. This could shape up to be a classic matchup of grappler versus striker. Or it could be something completely different as both men don’t have enough cage time to properly form a game plan against them. This might be a wild fight and steal the show if both men throw caution to the wind. In other action, Undefeated Bantamweight Champion Oscar Ramirez (6-0) is also scheduled to compete. He is coming off of a victory where he won the Ultimate Reno Combat 125 lb Championship in a tough battle and will put his belt on the line for the first time. 5 of 6 of Ramirez’ victories have been stoppages so he will look to get out to a fast start and land a punch or kick or secure a submission early in the fight. Find out if Ramirez will still be champion after Relentless! A women’s match is also scheduled as Kathryn Davis (2-1-1) fights Maria Andaverde (4-2) in what will no doubt be a hotly contested showdown. Davis is coming off of a tough draw in her last fight and wants to get back in the win column while Andaverde is sporting a 2-fight win streak both by first round KO. Expect fireworks in this fight.
– Saturday, July 23, 2011 7:00pm ET featuring CFFC 10 – Black Eye at the Resorts Hotel and Casino, Atlantic City, NJ. The main event, undefeated Joey “Boom Boom” Rivera (5-0) defends his CFFC Welterweight Championship against tough Massachusetts fighter Chip “The Surgeon” Pollard (4-2). Rivera has finished all of his opponents inside of two rounds with 4 of 5 ending in the first. Pollard will be the hardest test to date for “Boom Boom” as the New England fighter Pollard has never been knocked out or submitted. For “The Surgeon”, this will be his first championship fight and is a tremendous opportunity for the rising prospect. It will be interesting to see how the fast starting champion, Rivera, responds in the opening moments, because Pollard has never been stopped and is sure to push back against the champ right from the opening bell. This main event will showcase two of the East Coast’s finest and the winner will be deserving of the title “Champion”. In other action, Timmy Williams (6-0) will fight for the CFFC Middleweight Title. Williams is coming off of a spectacular showing at CFFC 7 where he beat UFC veteran Andre Gusmao to the surprise of many. Williams will look to continue to put his stamp on the East Coast scene with his next fight for the 185 lb belt. In still more action, fan favorite Al Buck (5-9) also returns to CFFC to face Mike Medrano (8-8) in what is sure to be a highly contested welterweight battle. These two gladiators always put on fight of the night performances and July 23 should be no different.
– Saturday, July 23, 2011 7:00pm ET featuring The Warriors Cup XII at the R.J. Arena at Brooksdale College in Lincroft, NJ. The WBC Main Event, world renowned British fighter and WMC and WAKO World Champion Liam ‘The Hitman’ Harrison will take on Philadelphia’s Justin Greskiewicz. Both fighters are coming off losses although Liam’s recent loss was against none other than current Muay Thai luminary, Saenchai Sinbimuaythai. Greskiewicz recent loss was during a rematch with New York’s Turan Hasanov and he is without a doubt coming into this fight incredibly hungry and ready to make Liam’s US debut a painful one. How will Justin Greskiewicz match up with the more experienced Harrison? A couple of months ago we would never have though a fight like this would ever materialize, but thanks to the team at Weapons 9, we will now get a chance to find out! I for one can’t wait to see it! In the co-main event, Pittsburgh’s Mark Deluca will be facing off against Philadelphia’s Rami Ibrahim in a WBC Title Elimination Bout. Originally from Sitan NYC, Rami Ibrahim, who now owns and operates Sitan Gym’s Philadelphia branch will no doubt be looking to make both his Philly and NYC fans proud. However, Pittsburgh Muay Thai’s Mark Deluca comes into this bout being the fighter with more experience fighting under Full Muay Thai rules. Both fighters are also coming off losses with Mark Deluca dropping his most recent fight to 2010 North American Muay Thai fighter of the Year Kevin Ross and Ibrahim losing his last Muay Thai bout to Matt Embree in Canada. Both fighters will definitely be looking to get back on to the winning track, which will most likely lead to some fireworks in the ring.
– Saturday, July 23, 2011 7:00pm ET featuring Knock Out Cancer Presented by Joe DeGuardia’s Star Boxing, the American Cancer Society and Hunts Point Produce Market. “Knock Out Cancer” will take place at the Hunt Point Produce Market, which is located at 772 Edgewater Road, Bronx, NY. There are two title fights scheduled on the card, including Joe “The Future” Hanks (16-0, 11KO’s) taking on Alfredo Escalera Jr. (18-3-1, 12KO’s) for the IBA Americas Heavyweight Title in the main event, and Issouf Kinda (10-0, 5KO’s) taking on Bayan Jargal (15-2-3, 10KO’s) for the NYS Jr. Welterweight Title in the co-feature.
– Saturday, July 23, 2011 8:00pm ET featuring Summer Fight Night at the O’Reilly Family Event Center, Springfield, MO. When local product B.J. Flores comes home to compete for a pair of title belts on a boxing/mixed martial arts card on the Drury campus. Flores, who grew up in nearby Willard, revealed that he will take on Nicholas “The Show-Stopper” Ianuzzi of Tampa, Fla., another Top 10 ranked fighter, in the scheduled 10- or 12-round main event for the NABO and NABA Cruiserweight Championship belts. It will be Flores’ first fight in his own backyard since he knocked out Andy Sample in 2007. Flores is 25-1-1 – with 15 wins by knockout – since turning professional in May of 2003 after an amateur career that included a national Golden Gloves championship, while Ianuzzi will bring a 16-2 record into the match, with five of those victories by knockout.
– Saturday, July 23, 2011 9:00pm ET featuring Sportfight X at the North Atlanta Trade Center in Norcross, Georgia. In the main event, two seasoned veterans meet in the cage as Roger “The Leprechaun” Carroll (9-5) fights Dave Vitkay (9-10-1). The North Carolinian, Carroll, is coming off of two first round submission victories and looks to do the same to Vitkay. Carroll is an excellent grappler as 8 of his 9 wins have come via submission hold. Carroll will look to push the pace and use his cardio to wear the bigger Vitkay out and then catch a submission for the tapout. Vitkay is coming off of a tough draw but the fight before that he won in spectacular fashion via second round choke. A grappler himself, the Georgian Vitkay also likes to throw hands and will be looking to win the standup battle for as long as it lasts. In the co-main event, Bellator veteran Steve Ledbetter (7-3) battles Joe “Hitman” Elmore (4-3). Both men are rising prospects and have a huge following within the Atlanta-metro fight scene. The crowd will be going wild for what very could be the fight of the night. This 145 lb clash will be a test of wills as both Ledbetter and Elmore have proven they are game fighters. The winner of this bout is sure to make waves and could be looking at a contract with one of the national promotions soon. In other action welterweights, Patrick “Pat le Chat” Mandio (2-3) and Urarahy “The Show” Rodrigues (4-2) square off in what should be a fun fight. Both Mandio and Rodrigues fight with a reckless abandon at times which makes this fight a pick ’em. It could end in the first round or go the distance, but one thing is for certain, it will be exciting while it lasts.
GFL now offers full access to over 5,000 fights for the low monthly price of $9.99 subscribe now at www.GFL.tv
***GFL is a pioneer in Internet Sports Broadcasting. Over the years GFL has broadcast more than 1000 live events with over 5,000 combat sports videos in 196 countries. GFL is especially proud to have served greater than 1.8 million public viewers last year with now over 150 combat sports related website affiliates in its network. GFL combat sports genres currently include Boxing, MMA and Professional Wrestling. GFL offers expanded programming to include: Daily News & Radio Shows with feature interviews and industry updates along with great Fight Photos, Fighter Videos and a robust Calendar of Upcoming Fight Events.