UNCASVILLE, Conn. — Fighters competing on Saturday’s Bellator 39 card at the Mohegan Sun Arena weighed in this afternoon.
Lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez and his opponent Pat Curran both tipped the scales at 154 pounds. The top-10 ranked Alvarez will defend his title for the first time against Curran, who is the season two lightweight tournament winner.
Lightweight submission ace Toby Imada weighed in at 155 pounds, while his opponent Patricky Freire weighed in at 154.75 pounds. The winner of their bout will move on to the lightweight tournament finals.
Bellator 39 will air LIVE Saturday, April 2, at 9 p.m. ET/8 p.m. CT exclusively on MTV2. ProMMAnow.com (www.prommanow.com) will provide LIVE results and play-by-play commentary . Be sure to check out Mann Talk: Bellator 39 predictions.
Bellator 39 weigh-in results:
- World Lightweight Title Fight: Eddie Alvarez (154 lbs.) vs. Pat Curran (154 lbs.)
- Welterweight Semifinal Fight: Lyman Good (169.5 lbs.) vs. Rick Hawn (170.5 lbs.)
- Lightweight Semifinal Fight: Toby Imada (155 lbs.) vs. Patricky “Pitbull” Freire (154.75 lbs.)
- Catch Fight @ 175 lbs.: Ben Saunders (174.5 lbs.) vs. Matt Lee (174 lbs.)
- Local Feature Fight: Luiz Azeredo (lbs.)* vs. Rene Nazare (160.75 lbs.)
- Local Feature Fight: Greg Rebello (185.5 lbs.) vs. Dan Cramer (185.5 lbs.)
- Local Feature Fight: Mike Winters (170 lbs.) vs. Ryan Quinn (169.75 lbs.)
- Local Feature Fight: David Jansen (155.5 lbs.) vs. Scott McAfee (155.75 lbs.)
- Local Feature Fight: John McLaughlin (134.75 lbs.) vs. Blair Tugman (135 lbs.)
*Luiz Azeredo will be weighed prior to Saturday’s event.