HOUSTON – The fighters competing at tonight’s “Strikeforce: Houston” event weighed in Friday at the Toyota Center in downtown Houston, Texas. Lightweight competitor K.J. Noons was a ¼ lb. over the 156 lb. non-title fight limit. However, being the nice guy he is, his opponent, Jorge Gurgel, let it go without protest.
Headliners “King Mo” and “Feijao” both weighed in more than a pound under their 205 lb. light heavyweight title fight limit. Co-headliner Tim Kennedy was right on the middleweight money, while his opponent “Jacare” was a ¼ lb. under the 185 lb. title fight limit. Heavyweight Bobby Lashley was 20 lbs. under the 266 lb. non-title fight limit, while his opponent Chad Griggs weighed in 17 ½ lbs. less than the former WWE wrestler.
ProMMAnow.com will provide live results and play-by-play commentary of tonight’s “Strikeforce: Houston” event which airs live on Showtime starting at 10:00 p.m. ET.
MAIN CARD (Televised)
- Champ Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal (203.75) vs. Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante (203.5)
- Tim Kennedy (185) vs. Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza (184.75)
- Jorge Gurgel (154.75) vs. K.J. Noons (156.25)
- Chad Griggs (228.5) vs. Bobby Lashley (246)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Not Televised)
- Daniel Cormier (249) vs. Jason Riley (256.5)
- Andre Galvao (170.75) vs. Jorge Patino (170.8)
- Rocky Long (146.25) vs. Vinicius “Draculino” Magalhaes (144.5)
- Kier Gooch (155.25) vs. Adam Schindler (155.5)
- Jose Santibanez (154.25) vs. Reynaldo Trujillo (155.25)
- Humberto DeLeon (127) vs. Chad Robichaux (131)
- Chad Cook (205) vs. Arteneus Young (204)
[All photos by Esther Lin/Strikeforce]
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE