CHICAGO, Ill. — Fighters competing tonight at Bellator 25 weighed in Wednesday at Chicago’s Hotel Sax. All fighters were on point except for Shonie Carter, who was five pounds over the 171 lbs. allowed for welterweight non-title fights. Carter will take on Torrance Taylor in the “Local Fights” main event (undercard finale).
Bellator 25 features a loaded main card including heavyweight tournament opening round fights with Damian Grabowski vs. Scott Barrett and Cole Konrad vs. Rogent Lloret. Also, an opening round in the women’s tournament featuring Zoila Frausto vs. Jessica Pene will take place, as well as a welterweight fight between Dan Hornbuckle and “Bad” Brad Blackburn.
Bellator 25 will be broadcast live on FOX Sports Net tonight starting at 7:00 p.m. CT. ProMMAnow.com will be on the scene in Chicago to bring you live play-by-play coverage of the entire Bellator 25 card, so join us for that.
Bellator 25 weigh-in results:
- Dan Hornbuckle (170.5 lbs.) vs. Brad “Bad” Blackburn (169 lbs.) @170 lbs.
- Damian Grabowski (240 lbs.) vs. Scott Barrett (263 lbs.) @ 265 lbs
- Jessica Pene (114 lbs.) vs. Zoila Frausto (115 lbs.) @ 115 lbs.
- Cole Konrad (265 lbs.) vs. Rogent Lloret (250 lbs.) @265 lbs.
- Shonie Carter (176 lbs)* vs Torrance Taylor (171 lbs.) @ 170 lbs.
- Kevin Knabjian (170 lbs.) vs Brian Gassaway (171 lbs.) @ 170 lbs.
- John Kolosci (170 lbs.) vs Kenny Robertson (170 lbs.) @ 170 lbs.
- Keoki Cypriano (155.2 lbs.) vs Eric Kriegermeier (155.5 lbs.) 155 lbs.
*Carter has 6 hours to make weight @ 170 lbs.