SAN JOSE, Calif. – The weigh-ins for “Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Werdum” took place Friday, June 25, at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif., the same location as Saturday night’s fight card which will air live on Showtime beginning at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT (delayed on West Coast).
Headlining the event, Fedor Emelianenko, the world’s number one heavyweight weighed in at 229 lbs. and his opponent Fabricio Werdum weighed in at 238.5 lbs.
Fedor is 3 lbs. lighter and looks to be in better shape than his last fight which was against Brett Rogers. Possibly he was carrying the extra weight in the last fight because Rogers is much heavier than Werdum.
“Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Werdum” weigh-in results:
- Fedor Emelianenko (229) vs. Fabricio Werdum (238.5)
- Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos (144.5) vs. Jan Finney (143.5)
- Scott Smith (184.75) vs. Cung Le (184.75)
- Josh Thomson (155.25) vs. Pat Healy (155.25)
- Chris Cope (175) vs. Ron Keslar (173.75)
- Bret Bergmark (168.75) vs. Vagner Rocha (171)
- Gareth Joseph (185.25) vs. Yancey Medeiros (184.25)
- Derrick Burnsed (156.75)* vs. Bobby Stack (154.5)
*Burnsed weighed in ¾ lbs. over the lightweight limit. He was given two hours to cut the weight.