Frank Mir apologizes for ill wishes, Dana White issues statement

Photo by Sherdog.com - Frank Mir has Lesnar on his brain.

On Monday, Feb. 22, former UFC heavyweight champion, Frank Mir was a guest on 105.9 The X radio. Although Mir has a fight coming up against undefeated Shane Carwin at UFC 111, somehow the subject of current UFC heavyweight champ Brock Lesnar seems to always inevitably arise.

Apparently still stewing from the beat down Lesnar put on him at UFC 100 in July of last year, Mir said a few things during the radio interview that could be regarded as “crossing the line.” Most notable was a comment he wanted to “break Brock Lesnar’s neck in the ring,” and wanted Lesnar “to be the first person to die from Octagon-related injuries.”

Here is the interview with Frank Mir.

Frank Mir on 105.9 audio:
[podcast]https://prommanow.com/audio/frankmirwantstokilllesnar.mp3[/podcast]

One person who definitely feels Mir went too far with his statements about Lesnar is his boss, UFC President Dana White.

Following the interview and a ton of media attention, White made a public statement on Tuesday regarding Mir’s comments:

“I was disappointed by Frank Mir’s comments. Frank’s been with the UFC a long time, he’s a two-time heavyweight champion and a commentator for the WEC. I think his emotions are running high right now, he has a big fight coming up next month and he’s still upset about his loss to Lesnar. He’s been talked to, he regrets what he said, and he won’t be saying anything like that again.”

Mir has apologized for his comments, according to UFC.com. “I would like to apologize to Brock Lesnar, his family, the UFC and the UFC fans for my stupid remarks,” said Mir. “I respect Brock, all the other fighters, and the sport of mixed martial arts. I’m sorry that I stepped out of line.”

Please like & share: