Here are several stories in the world of mixed martial arts from the past week. We try to bring you as much original content as possible and also bring you a good overview of all the major news going on, but there are always a few stories we either did not have time to get to, or maybe we did not feel it deserved an entire article. So here’s the Sunday VERY late night link dump:
- A 49-year-old grandmother of four in Washington gets ready for her first MMA fight. She’s been training MMA for four years. Video report.
- Shawn Tompkins is happy as a clam at his new job at Tapout Training Center. Dave Farra visits him at work on his first day. Tompkins said he was very nervous.
- Lithuanian fighter hunts down and kills pedophiles.
More late night links after the jump…
- Anthony Johnson explains why he didn’t make weight for UFC 104.
- Joe Stevenson dominated Spencer Fisher at UFC 104. Stevenson said he felt Fisher may have greased.
- If you really want to see Alistair Overeem’s 55 second annihilation of James Thompson inside DREAM’s new cage, check it out.
- Pro fighters Tweet their thoughts on the Machida decision over Shogun. It’s not pretty.
- Dana White gave out 3,300 tickets through Twitter for UFC 104. Why do you think they gave away so many tickets?
- Vinny Magalhaes defeated Kris Davis very quickly at Carolina Crown 2 Saturday night. Here are the full results.
- Here’s the UFC 105 trailer. This is going to be a good event. Some exciting fights on this card. Bisping returns to face Denis Kang and a main event with Couture vs. Vera.
- After re-watching the UFC 104 main event with no sound, I could see how judges awarded Machida the victory. Someone else agrees.
- Kevin Iole blames Rua’s loss on his coaches and corner men who were telling him he was winning, thereby preventing him from trying harder to steal the rounds.
- Here are some cool GIFS of Machida vs. Shogun, Velasquez vs. Rothwell, Bader, Barry, Stevenson, and Anthony Johnson’s KO of Yoshida.
- New Rachelle Leah photo shoot video for Flex Magazine. The girl still has it. When you’re job is looking good, you’ve got it good.