Tomorrow night Sept. 25, live on Showtime, “Strikeforce Challengers: Cummings vs. Kennedy” will take over the SpiritBank Event Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The popular MMA series showcases rising young MMA talent, as well as established veterans of the sport.
As always, PROMMA.INFO will be providing live play-by-play commentary of all the action. The main event features the fan-favorite, and rapidly rising army ranger, Tim Kennedy facing the undefeated Zak Cummings. Kennedy’s most recent bout was a submission victory (verbal tap) of Nick “The Goat” Thompson at “Strikeforce Challengers” in Seattle.
Cummings has amassed a perfect 10-0 record, with his biggest victory being a decision win over knockout artist Terry Martin at “XFC: Rumble in Racetown” back in February. Also on the main card, K-1 star Ray “Sugarfoot” Sefo makes his MMA return to take on durable MMA veteran Kevin Jordan. Sefo made his one and only MMA appearance back in 2005, defeating Min Soo Kim at K-1 Hero’s 2.
COMPLETE FIGHT CARD
- Tim Kennedy (11-2) vs. Zak Cummings (10-0) – 3X5 – 155lbs
- Ray Sefo (1-0) vs. Kevin Jordan (11-7) – 3X5 – Heavyweights
- Tyron Woodley (5-0) vs. Zach Light (6-8) – 3X5 – 170lbs
- Thomas Longacre (4-0) vs. Travis Calonoc (4-0) – 3X5 – 147lbs
- Daniel Cormier (debut) vs. Gary Frazier (debut) – 3X5
Non-Televised Undercard Bouts:
- Lacy Schuckman (2-0) vs. Jeri Sitzes (2-2) – 3X5 – 120lbs
- Levi Avera (12-5) vs. Paul Bradley (10-1) – 3X5 – 170lbs
- Trey Houston (1-0) vs. Brandon Gaines (4-10) – 3X5 – 170lbs
- Kenny Giddens (8-5) vs. John Carson (7-1) – 3X5 – 155lbs
- Nick Gibbons (13-0) vs. Josh Pulsifer (11-4) – 3X5 – 145lbs
- Lemont Davis (2-3) vs. Dillon Smith (1-0) – 3X5 – 170lbs