Lou Neglia’s “RING OF COMBAT XXVI” took place Friday night, Sept. 11, 2009 at the Tropicana in Atlantic City, N.J. As usual with all Ring of Combat events, PROMMA.INFO along with Go Fight Live provided viewers with a live online stream. If you are a fan of mixed martial arts, we provide access to live MMA action from around the country on most weekends.
In the ROC Middleweight Title fight Costa Phillipou defeated the champ Victor O’Donnell by unanimous decision to take home the belt. There was some bad blood after the fight as O’Donnell complained Phillipou purposely poked him in the eye during the bout.
Some high level grappling was displayed in the ROC Lightweight Title bout between champ Chris Liguori and Dwayne Shelton. Liguori defended Shelton’s repeated attempts of submission and was able to retain his title with a unanimous decision over the late replacement.
In the main event Ricardo Romero defended his USKBA Light Heavyweight Title with a kimura submission win over Rich Lictawa. Romero spent much of the first round ground and pounding from the mount, mounted again in the second round, but finished it off with a kimura.
“Ring of Combat XXVI” Results:
- (145 lbs.) Andy Main def. Jackson Galka by split decision (20-18, 18-20, 20-18)
- (155 lbs.) Liam Kerrigan draws Roger Mamedov (20-18, 19-19, 19-19)
- (125 lbs.) Louis Gaudinot def. Jeff Cressman by TKO (strikes) Round 2 (0:24)
- (145 lbs.) Lester Caslow def. Matt McManmon by submission (armbar) Round 1 (3:20)
- (170 lbs.) Ryan LaFlare def. Jose Sulsona by submission (armbar) Round 2 (2:18)
- (135 lbs.) Sean Santella def. Jose Villanueva by submission (armbar) Round 2 (2:00)
- (155 lbs.) Edward Guedes def. John Salgado by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-25)
- (155 lbs.) Chris Schlesinger def. Nabih Barakat by unanimous decision (30-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- (185 lbs.) Rafael “Sapo” Sapo def. Allan Weickert by submission (rear-naked choke) Round 1 (0:52)
- (255 lbs.) Gian Villante def. Rob Wentz by knockout (head kick) Round 2 (1:25)
ROC Middleweight Title
- (185 lbs.) Costa Philipou def. Victor O’Donnell by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
ROC Lightweight Title
- (155 lbs.) Chris “The Story” Liguori def. Dwayne Shelton by unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
Main Event – USKBA Light Heavyweight Championship
- (205 lbs.) Ricardo Romero def. Rich Lictawa by submission (kimura) Round 2 (2:14)