“Call To Arms 1” took place Saturday night May 16th at the Citizen’s Business Bank Arena in Los Angeles, California. In the main event, Affliction, UFC, and IFL veteran Vladamir “The Janitor” Matyushenko won a unanimous decision over Jason “The Punisher” Lambert in a light heavyweight showdown in Lambert’s first fight since being released from the UFC late last year.
Matyushenko controlled the majority of the action until the third round when Lambert scored a takedown and began scoring with significant ground and pound. For a moment it looked as though Lambert may get the TKO until Matyushenko reversed and then scored one final takedown himself to secure the decision.
Team Punishment veteran Tiki Ghosn took home his second unanimous decision in a row with a ground and pound gameplan over Brian Warren. Ex-pro wrestler Daniel Puder received a TKO gift package when his opponent, Jeff Ford, slipped on a high kick and injured his shoulder early into the fight. Matt Major also took home a unanimous decision over Jaime Fletcher.
- Vladimir Matyushenko def. Jason Lambert via unan. decision (30-27,30-27,29-28)
- Tiki Ghosn def. Brian Warren via unanimous decision (30-27,30-27,30-27)
- Daniel Puder def. Jeff Frod via TKO (injury) – Round 1, 1:23
- Karen Darabedyan def. Jose Camacho vis TKO (cut) – Round 1, 5:00
- Toby Grear def. Mike Sandez via unanimous decision (30-27,30-27,30-27)
- Georgi Karakhanyan def. Albert Rios via unan. decision (30-27,30-27,30-27)
- Chad George def. Alvin Cacdac via split decision (30-27,30-27,28-29)
- Matt Major def. Jaime Fletcher via unan. decision (30-27,29-28,29-28)
- Brett Cooper def. Joe Cronin via TKO (cut) – Round 2, 1:17
- Jay Silva def. Reggie Orr via TKO (flying knee) – Round 2, 1:41
- Sevak Magakian def. Harold Lucambio via submission (heel hook) – Round 1, 1:59
- Francisco Rivera def. Johnny Gomez via unan. decision (30-26,30-27,30-27)