UFC veteran, Dan “The Upgrade” Lauzon will return to the ring against Justin “Sledge” Hammerstrom on Nov. 14, 2008 as World Championship Fighting (WCF) visits Aleppo Shriners Auditorium in Wilmington, Massachusetts.
Lauzon is on a very impressive six fight win streak and although he has a fight already scheduled with Chris Horodecki on an early 2009 pay-per-view, he wanted to take this fight with Hammerstrom to help keep his momentum going.
“I’ve fought for them [WCF] three times now and they take great care of me, and I love fighting for them in front of their fans and my friends and family. These (Boston) fans really are the best sports fans in the world.”
Hammerstrom is coming off a first round submission victory at WCF 4 and has fought for and held several local titles. He should be a worthy challenge for the 20-year old Lauzon who still holds the distinction of being the youngest fighter to ever compete in the Ultimate Fighting Championship who was only 18 when he competed in UFC 64.
WHERE: Aleppo Shriners Auditorium, 99 Fordham Road, Wilmington, MA 01887
WHEN: Friday, November 14th, 2008. Doors open at 6:30PM, first fight at 7:30PM.
- Nate Kittredge (Green Mountain Boys) vs. Justin Torrey (FAA)
- Muzaffar Abdurakhmanov (Sit Yod Tong) vs. Wayne Harnois
- Jay Fortier (Burgess) vs. Stephen Stengel
- Jerry Spiegel vs. Dan Pasquarella (Team Woo)
- Dan Ferrer (Santos) vs. Ethan Kean (Ravenous)
- John Benoit (Renzo NH) vs. Jon Bermudez (Anubis)
- Dan Bonnell (Renzo NH) vs. Dan O’Keefe (MMATC)
- Robbie Roberts (Bruteforce) vs. Jim Pitner (USMMA)
- Ken Stone (SSSF) vs. Rick Screeton (LA Boxing)
- Chad Beane (GMB) vs. Joe McGann (USMMA)
- Nate LaMotte (Burgess) vs. Rigo Dominicci (Dominicci)
- Chris Canale (F1 Fight Team) vs. Greg Rebello (USMMA)
- Bobby Dias (Boneyard) vs. Calvin Kattar (Premier Martial Arts)
- Dan Lauzon (Aggression) vs. Justin Hammerstrom (Burgess)
(Fight card subject to change)
Visit WCFighting.com for more information.