The “UFC 104: Machida vs. Shogun” fighter salaries have been released by the California State Athletic Commission (CSAC). The highest paid fighter of the night was main event winner Lyoto Machida who took home $200,000. His opponent “Shogun” Rua was paid $155,000.
Razak Al-Hassan, who lost a split decision to Kyle Kingsbury, was low man on the totem pole, taking home $3,000. Kingsbury took home $8,000 to show and $8,000 to win for a total of $16,000.
The UFC 104 total fighter payroll was $922,000. Here are the official fighter salaries:
- Lyoto Machida $200,000 (no win bonus) def. Mauricio “Shogun” Rua $155,000
- Cain Velasquez $70,000 (includes $35,000 win bonus) def. Ben Rothwell $50,000
- Gleison Tibau $38,000 (includes $19,000 win bonus) def. Josh Neer $14,000
- Joe Stevenson $94,000 (includes $47,000 win bonus) def. Spencer Fisher $26,000
- Anthony Johnson $30,000 (includes $15,000 win bonus) def. Yoshiyuki Yoshida $12,000*
*Johnson forfeited 20-percent of his $15,000 show money for missing weight