The Ultimate Fighting Championship has announced a stadium show for Melbourne, Australia’s Etihad Stadium on Sunday, Nov. 15, 2015 (Nov. 14 in U.S.). UFC 193 will feature a headline bout between current UFC welterweight champion Robbie Lawler and No. 4 ranked Carlos Condit.
“Finally the UFC is coming to Melbourne in what will be the biggest UFC event EVER!” UFC president Dana White said. “There’s been a lot of talk about Melbourne, title fights and stadium shows. The UFC is doing all three at the Etihad Stadium in front of 70,000 people. Australia has been an amazing market for the UFC and to thank the Aussies for all of their support we are bringing the superstar of the welterweight division, UFC World Champion Robbie Lawler. He will be facing the always-exciting “Natural Born Killer” Carlos Condit. Robbie Lawler is coming off of the most exciting title defense in welterweight history. We are also bringing the rematch of the greatest heavyweight fight I have ever seen between New Zealand legend Mark Hunt vs. Big Foot Silva. November 15 is going to be insane!”
The UFC 193 heavyweight co-main event will feature Sydney’s Mark “Super Somoan” Hunt taking on Brazlian giant Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva.
Here is the fight card as it currently stands:
- Welterweight Championship: Robbie Lawler (c) vs. Carlos Condit
- Heavyweight: Mark Hunt vs. Antonio Silva
- Middleweight: Michael Bisping vs. Robert Whittaker
- Lightweight: Jake Matthews vs. Akbarh Arreola
- Welterweight: Kyle Noke vs. Peter Sobotta
- Light Heavyweight: Gian Villante vs. Anthony Perosh
- Middleweight: Daniel Kelly vs. Ricardo Abreu
- Welterweight: Richard Walsh vs. Steve Kennedy
Stay tuned as more bouts are added to the UFC 193 card in Melbourne.