All fighters made weigh without issue, although Dan Miller had to strip down behind the towel to make 171 pounds for his welterweight match-up against Jordan Mein.
The Champ St-Pierre weighed in at exactly 170 pounds even, while Diaz tipped the scales at 169 pounds. When St-Pierre finished weighing in he walked quickly toward Diaz for the staredown with his hands up, Diaz put his hands up and pushed at St-Pierre’s arms with his elbow. UFC President Dana White had to get between them quickly to avoid any conflict.
After this, both Diaz and St-Pierre made their interviews with Joe Rogan short and sweet. “I’m gonna get out there and fight and see what happens,” said Diaz. “I can talk as much as I want but tomorrow I’m going to walk the walk, that’s all I can say,” said St-Pierre.
Watch a complete video replay of the UFC 158 weigh ins onProMMAnow.com’s (www.prommanow.com) homepage. Check out the complete photo gallery of the weigh-ins below.
The full UFC 158 weigh-in results include:
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Champ Georges St-Pierre (170) vs. Nick Diaz (169) – for welterweight title
- Carlos Condit (169) vs. Johny Hendricks (171)
- Jake Ellenberger (170) vs. Nate Marquardt (171)
- Chris Camozzi (185) vs. Nick Ring (183)
- Colin Fletcher (155) vs. Mike Ricci (156)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FX, 8 p.m. ET)
- Patrick Cote (169) vs. Bobby Voelker (169)
- Antonio Carvalho (145) vs. Darren Elkins (145)
- Jordan Mein (170) vs. Dan Miller (171)
- Daron Cruickshank (155) vs. John Makdessi (155)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 6:35 p.m. ET)
- Quinn Mulhern (168) vs. Rick Story (169)
- TJ Dillashaw (135) vs. Issei Tamura (135)
- Reuben Duran (135) vs. George Roop (135)