We’ve been reporting on it all year long, but UFC programming has made FUEL TV the fastest growing cable channel in 2012 according to a Nielsen Media Research.
The 2012 year was the first of a seven year deal between the UFC and the FOX Sports Media Group.
2012 has been an incredible year for FUEL TV and we are excited to see the extraordinary viewership growth month after month,” says George Greenberg, Executive Vice President and General Manager, FUEL TV. “Driven by the power of the Ultimate Fighting Championship® and its passionate and loyal fan base, we have seen unbelievable increases in all demos throughout the year. We know the trend will continue in 2013. The UFC product is without a doubt the major league of MMA and you cannot find this quality of fights anywhere else.”
Additional Audience Highlights:
- Boosted by UFC ON FUEL TV 2, Saturday, April 14 was the most-watched day in network history
- The network recorded its most-watched prime time and most-watched program ever on Wednesday, February 15 with the live broadcast of UFC ON FUEL TV 1
- The highest quarter-hour viewership peak occurred on Saturday, August 4, during the final quarter-hour of the live Prelims for UFC ON FOX 4
- In the fourth quarter of 2012, FUEL TV’s Total Viewers were up +138% and M18-49 up +167% versus the fourth quarter of 2011
- Prime time for the fourth quarter of 2012 finished up +150% on Total Viewers and +117% among M18-49 compared to the same quarter in 2011
- December 2012 was up +163% in Total Viewers and +100% in M18-49 vs. December 2011
- Prime finished up +186% on Total Viewers and +133% among M18-49 compared to December 2011.
UFC programming will continue with the UFC on FX 7 event that’s set for January 19. The UFC on FX 7 weigh-in’s, preliminary fights, and post-fight show will air on FUEL TV. Also, the weigh-in’s for the UFC on FOX 6 event on January 26 will also air on the channel.
It should be noted that as of this piece distribution for the channel is still around 36 million homes which pales in comparison to the UFC’s former home Spike TV. We do have questions out to FUEL TV representatives regarding distribution, but have not received a response at this time.
Be sure to stay close to ProMMAnow (www.prommanow.com) for more information regarding UFC programming on FUEL TV.