The UFC on FOX 5 weigh-in results are complete and all but one of the fighters made weight. One half of the main event struggled to make weight as Nate Diaz needed three tries to meet the 155 pound mark but was finally able to do so.
Raphael Assuncao came in a little heavy, but was able to make weight on his second attempt. Henry Martinez will forfeit 20% of his purse to Daron Cruickshank after not being able to make the 155 pound weight limit. All other fighters made their marks and are ready to go.
Be sure to join ProMMAnow (www.prommanow.com) for LIVE play by play coverage of UFC on FOX 5 on Saturday night.
The UFC on FOX 5 weigh-in results are below:
Main Card (FOX, 8 p.m. ET)
- Benson Henderson (154.6) vs. Nate Diaz (155.6)*
- Alexander Gustafsson (205.4) vs. Mauricio “Shogun” Rua (205)
- Rory MacDonald (170.2) vs. B.J. Penn (168.2)
- Matt Brown (170.2) vs. Mike Swick (170)
Preliminary Card (FX, 5 p.m. ET)
- Yves Edwards (155) vs. Jeremy Stephens (155.8)
- Raphael Assuncao (136.4)** vs. Mike Easton (135)
- Ramsey Nijem (155.4) vs. Joe Proctor (154.6)
- Daron Cruickshank (155) vs. Henry Martinez (158.8)***
- Marcus LeVesseur (155.4) vs. Abel Trujillo (155.4)
- Nam Phan (145.4) vs. Dennis Siver (146)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 4:20 p.m. ET)
- John Albert (136) vs. Scott Jorgensen (135.2)
* – Diaz was given two hours to make weight and did so on his third attempt.
** – Assuncao was given two hours, and made weight on his second attempt.
*** – Martinez was given two hours to make weight, but instead will forfeit 20 percent of his fight purse to Cruickshank.