Did you know each week we collect for you some of the top stories from seven of the best independent mixed martial arts sites on the web? These guys aren’t backed by big corporations or in the pocket of any promotion. They do this because it’s who they are — it’s in their blood.
In this week’s Independent MMA Link Club The MMA Corner takes a look at fighters and money and life after fighting. Asia’s Bae Myung Ho explains to The Fight Nation why, although he was offered a contract to fight at UFC Macao, he won’t be on the card.
U.K.’s The MMA Review reports on the new SAFE MMA fighter-safety project. WSOF Prsident Ray Sefo talks with The Fight Nerd about the long term plans for World Series of Fighting.
MMA Valor has pet peeves with The Ultimate Fighter. UFC ‘s Chris Camozzi tells MMA Recap who he hopes to fight next. And the legend Royce Gracie answers several questions from fans on Pro MMA Now.
- Go For Broke: Can Fighters Buck the Trend of Financial Ruin Among Athletes? [The MMA Corner]
- Bae Myung Ho Explains why he’s not competing at UFC Macao [The Fight Nation]
- UCMMA, BAMMA and Cage Warriors team up for SAFE MMA fighter-safety project [The MMA Review]
- Interview: Royce Gracie answers questions from the fans *Video* [Pro MMA Now]
- Ray Sefo talks long-term plans for “World Series of Fighting” *Video* [The Fight Nerd]
- Ultimate Fighter Pet Peeves [MMA Valor]
- Chris Camozzi wants to fight Wanderlei Silva or Jake Shields [MMA Recap]