Today’s “UFC 153: Silva vs. Bonnar” weigh-ins took place at HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro, the same location where Saturday’s Pay-Per-View event goes down featuring Anderson Silva vs. Stephan Bonnar in the main event. Silva weighed in at a light 202 pounds, while Bonnar tipped the scales at 205 pounds.
Silva said he cut very little weight and expects to weigh about 205 pounds tomorrow night. This will be in stark contrast to Bonnar, who is a natural light heavyweight and will likely come into the fight out-weighing Silva by 10-20 pounds.
All fighters made weight without issue, no one got naked and Joe Rogan didn’t have to make one comment about Arianny seeing the men in their birthday suits.
You can watch a video of the UFC 153 weigh-ins here: Watch today’s UFC 153 weigh-ins LIVE on ProMMAnow.com.
The full UFC 153 weigh-in results are as follows:
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Anderson Silva (202) vs. Stephan Bonnar (205)
- Dave Herman (244) vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (243)
- Fabio Maldonado (203) vs. Glover Teixeira (204)
- Jon Fitch (170) vs. Erick Silva (169)
- Phil Davis (206) vs. Wagner Prado (204)
- Demian Maia (170) vs. Rick Story (170)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FX, 8 p.m. ET)
- Rony “Jason” Mariano Bezerra (145) vs. Sam Sicilia (146)
- Gleison Tibau (155) vs. Francisco Trinaldo (154)
- Diego Brandao (144) vs. Joey Gambino (146)
- Renee Forte (169) vs. Sergio Moraes (169)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 7 p.m. ET)
- Chris Camozzi (185) vs. Luiz Cane (184)
- Reza Madadi (155) vs. Cristiano Marcello (155)