The weigh-ins for “UFC on FX: Browne vs. Bigfoot” (UFC on FX 5) get underway today at 5 p.m. ET (2 p.m. PT) at the Target Center in Minneapolis, Minn., the same location that will host Friday’s fight card featuring a heavyweight battle between Travis Browne and Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva in the main event.
ProMMAnow.com’s own Jan Louis Gaetjens is on the scene shooting photos, so stay tuned for those. We will be providing live text results of the weigh-ins below, as well as a LIVE stream of the proceedings available on our home page.
There were two hiccups with the weigh-ins. Bart Palaszewski came in 1 pound over the lightweight limit. He has one hour to make weight. Also, Dennis Hallman, according to a FUEL TV report, was 7 pounds over the lightweight limit. His opponent, Thiago Tavares agreed to the fight if Hallman could get down to just 3 pounds over (159 lbs). He couldn’t make it so the fight was scrapped. Hallman’s future with the organization is unclear at this point. This is not his first time missing weight. Hallman and Tavares were not at the official weigh-ins.
The full weigh-in results for UFC on FX 5 are as follows:
Main Card (FX)
- Heavyweight Travis Browne (246) vs. Antonio Silva (266)
- Welterweight Jake Ellenberger (170) vs. Jay Hieron (170)
- Flyweight John Dodson (126) vs. Jussier Formiga (126)
- Welterweight Justin Edwards (170) vs. Josh Neer (171)
Preliminary Card (Fuel TV)
- Lightweight Jeremy Stephens (156) vs. Yves Edwards (156)
- Lightweight Michael Johnson (156) vs. Danny Castillo (156)
- Lightweight Jacob Volkmann (155) vs. Shane Roller (156)
- Featherweight Bart Palaszewski (147)* vs. Diego Nunes (146)
- Flyweight Darren Uyenoyama (125) vs. Phil Harris (125)
Preliminary Card (Facebook)
- Lightweight Marcus LeVesseur (156) vs. Carlo Prater (156)
- Welterweight Aaron Simpson (171) vs. Mike Pierce (171)
* – Palaszewski removed his clothing but was still 1 lb. over. He has one hour to lose the weight.