Saturday’s UFC on Fuel TV 5 event took place at the Capital FM Arena in Nottingham, England. The main-event featured a heavyweight bout between Stefan Struve and Stipe Miocic. Dutch fighter, Struve, scored a second round TKO ending Stipe’s undefeated run as a professional.
The fight card drew an announced attendance of 7,241 fans with a live gate of $970,000. The figures were announced at the post-fight press conference that took place after the event.
The main card for the event aired live on Fuel TV and featured a co-main event between Nottingham native Dan Hardy and Amir Sadollah. Hardy put on a dominant perfomance in the fight and earned himself a unanimous decision victory in front of his hometown supporters.
The preliminary bouts aired on Facebook and ended with an exciting bout between Jimi Manuwa and Kyle Kingsbury.
The full UFC on FUEL TV 5 results are as follows:
Main Card (Fuel TV)
- Stefan Struve defeated Stipe Miocic by TKO (Strikes, Round 2, 3:50)
- Dan Hardy defeated Amir Sadollah by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Brad Pickett defeated Yves Jabouin by KO (Punches, Round 1, 3:40)
- Matt Wiman defeated Paul Sass by Submission (Armlock, Round 1, 3:48)
- John Hathaway defeated John Maguire by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Che Mills Duane Ludwig by TKO (Injury, Round 1, 2:28)
Preliminary Card (Facebook)
- Jimi Manuwa defeated Kyle Kingsbury by TKO (Doctor Stoppage, Round 2, 5:00)
- Akira Corassani defeated Andy Ogle by Split Decision (29-28, 30-37, 28-29)
- Brad Tavares defeated Tom Watson by Split Decision (30-27, 29-28, 28-29)
- Gunnar Nelson defeated DaMarques Johnson by Submission (RNC, Round 1, 3:34)
- Robert Peralta defeated Jason Young by KO (Strikes, Round 1, 0:23)
Stay close to Pro MMA Now (www.prommanow.com) for all the latest UFC news.