The Maximum Fighting Championship brings its final card of the 2012 campaign to life on Friday, Oct. 26, with the MFC 35: ‘Explosive Encounter’ event.
The event will take place at the Mayfield Conference Centre in Edmonton, Alberta, and air live on AXS TV Fights throughout the United States beginning at 10 p.m. ET/8 p.m. MT/7 p.m. PT (check local listings for channel designation). MFC 35 will then air on tape-delay in Canada on TSN2.
MFC 35 will be headlined by the MFC middleweight title fight between Elvis “The King” Mutapcic (11-2) and Joseph “Leonidas” Henle (8-0-1). MFC owner Mark Pavelich is genuinely excited about this card:
“Our best success has come when we focus on matchmaking exciting fights and keep in mind how future scenarios might play out. So we put fighters together who will compete with passion and give everything they have. This is mixed martial arts and this is a sport but let’s forget that first and foremost this is entertainment. I want our fans entertained, and we’re going to showcase the fighters that are entertaining and exciting.”
The MFC promotion has announced six main card fights thus far which can be found below:
- Elvis Mutapcic (11-2) vs. Joseph Henle (8-0-1) (MFC middleweight title fight)
- Graham Spencer (8-1, 1NC) vs. Shane Nelson (15-6)
- Smealinho Rama (4-0) vs. Ryan “The Vanilla Gorilla” Fortin (6-3)
- Derek “The Lion” Parker (4-1-1) vs. Jared “The Yeti” McComb (4-1-1)
- Sabah Fadai (7-2, 1NC) vs. Cody “Genghis” Krahn (11-5)
- Paul “The Punisher” Grandbois (4-4) vs. Jason “The Show” Kuchera (5-5)
The promotion is expected to formally announce the preliminary fights shortly. Tickets for MFC 35: Explosive Encounter are available now exclusively via the MFC Ticket Hotline by calling (780) 504-2024. Stay tuned to ProMMAnow (www.prommanow.com) for more MFC 35 news and coverage.