“The Ultimate Fighter: The Smashes” now has a home on U.K. television as UFC officials announced today the show will air on ESPN. The season premiere is set to air at midnight on Wednesday, Sept. 19, with all 12 episodes of the series also airing at midnight every Wednesday. The final episode in the season will air on Dec. 5.
The show will feature Team Australia vs. Team U.K. with fighters representing the 155 pound and 170 pound weight divisions competing for a UFC contract.
The coach for Team Australia is George Sotiropoulos and the coach for Team U.K. is Ross Pearson. The coaches will face each other in a lightweight battle at UFC on FX 6 on Dec.15, with “The Smashes” finals also set to take place on the same card.
The popular TUF: Brazil show which took place earlier this year was the UFC’s first international edition of the reality series, and after the success of that show both U.K. and Australian fans can start getting excited about this second international installment of the show.
Here are the team Rosters for the show:
- Grant Blackler, 23, Sunshine Coast
- Patrick Iodice, 19, Gold Coast
- Richie Vaculik, 29, Sydney
- Ben Wall, 23, Brisbane
- Ben Alloway, 31, Gold Coast
- Xavier Lucas, 31, Perth
- Manuel Rodriguez, 27, Sydney
- Robert Whitaker, 21, Sydney
- Colin Fletcher, 29, Sunderland
- Norman Parke, 25, Bushmills, Northern Ireland
- Michael Pastou, 30, Essex
- Mike Wilkinson, 24, Leigh
- Luke Newman, 22, London
- Bola Omoyele, 30, London
- Valentino Petrescu, 30, Essex
- Brad Scott, 23, Melksham
Stay close to Pro MMA Now (www.prommanow.com) for all the latest TUF news.