All fighters are weighed in and ready to go for Friday’s “ONE FC: Pride of a Nation” event being held at Smart Araneta Coliseum in Manila, Philippines. The main event features a bantamweight match-up between two BJJ black belts as Australia’s Gustavo Falciroli takes on DREAM 145-pound champ Bibiano Fernandes.
Also, two former UFC heavyweight champions will clash for a fourth time as Tim Sylvia and Andrei Arlovski settle their ‘How tastes my pee-pee?” beef. Arlovski submitted Sylvia in their first fight in February 2005 to win the interim UFC heavyweight title. Then a year later, in April 2006, Sylvia defeated Arlovski via second round TKO, then beat him again three months later via unanimous decision. Now six years later can Arlovski even the score?
Also on the card, the inaugural UFC lightweight champion Jens Pulver returns to action against an undefeated Eric Kelly at featherweight. Kelly, a 30-year-old Filipino submission specialist, is 7-0 and the reigning URCC featherweight champ.
Also, Rolles Gracie takes on fellow Gracie black belt Tony “The Gun” Bonello at heavyweight, Igor Gracie faces Jung Hwan Cha at welterweight and Felipe Enomoto battles URCC welterweight champ Eduard Folayang at lightweight… and that’s just the main card!
There’s no major MMA events in the U.S. this weekend, so this is going to be your fix if you’re like most of our readers here at ProMMAnow.com (www.prommanow.com) and need live MMA action to make it through the week. You can watch the event live online tomorrow morning for $9.99 starting at 7:30 a.m. on ONEFC.com and we will be up bright and early to bring you the live play-by-play.
Here are the results from today’s weigh-in:
- Gustavo Falciroli (136) vs. Bibiano Fernandes (136)
- Felipe Enomoto (156) vs. Eduard Folayang (156)
- Tim Sylvia (266) vs. Andrei Arlovski (246)
- Jens Pulver (146) vs. Eric Kelly (146)
- Tony Bonello (222) vs. Rolles Gracie (246)
- Jung Hwan Cha (171) vs. Igor Gracie (171)
- Soo Chul Kim (136) vs. Kevin Belingon (136)
- Nicholas Mann (177) vs. Gregor Gracie (177)
- Phil Baroni (171) vs. Rodrigo Ribeiro (171)
- Shannon Wiratchai (146) vs. Mitch Chilson (146)
- Andrew Benibe (146) vs. Honorio Banario (146)