SAN DIEGO — The fighter weigh-ins for “Strikeforce: Rousey vs. Kaufman” take place this afternoon at the Valley View Casino Center in San Diego, the same location that will host Saturday’s fight card headlined by Strikeforce women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey taking on Sarah Kaufman.
Rousey (5-1) has been a catalyst for women’s MMA since winning the women’s 135-pound championship back in March by defeating Miesha Tate via first round armbar submission. Kaufman (15-1) is a former champion who lost her title in 2010 to Marloes Coennen (via armbar) and has put together three straight victories on her road to regaining the crown.
ProMMAnow.com (www.prommanow.com) will host a live stream of today’s “Strikeforce: Rousey vs. Kaufman” weigh-ins courtesy of Showtime on our home page starting at 6:45 p.m. ET (3:45 p.m. PT – local time).
Prior to the ‘Rousey vs. Kaufman’ main card airing live on Showtime Saturday night at 10 p.m. ET/PT, the preliminary card will air live on Showtime Extreme starting at 8 p.m. ET/PT highlighted by a battle of veterans as former champ Miesha Tate takes on Julie Kedzie.
The weigh-in results for ‘Strikeforce: Rousey vs. Kaufman’ are as follows:
PRELIMINARY CARD (ShoExtreme – 8 p.m. ET/PT)
- Julie Kedzie (145) vs. Miesha Tate (146)
- Adlan Amagov (186) vs. Keith Berry (186)*
- Germaine de Randamie (144) vs. Hiroko Yamanaka (145)
- Bobby Green (155) vs. Matt Ricehouse (155)
MAIN CARD (Showtime – 10 p.m. ET/PT)
- Champion Ronda Rousey (135) vs. Sarah Kaufman (134)
- Derek Brunson (186) vs. Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza (186)
- Roger Bowling (170) vs. Tarec Saffiedine (169.5)
- Lumumba Sayers (185) vs. Anthony Smith (186)
- T.J. Cook (203) vs. Ovince St. Preux (205.5)
* – Keith Berry weighed 186.5 pounds on his first attempt. After removing his shorts he made the 186 pound limit.