The Maximum Fighting Championship’s main event for MFC 34: Total Recall has been reduced to a three-round, non-title affair after Adam Lynn missed weight during the official weigh-in.
Lynn (17-9) was set to meet rival Mukai Maromo (7-2) for the vacant MFC lightweight title in a rematch of their contentious, controversial original bout from MFC 33 which Maromo took by a hotly disputed split-decision verdict. But Lynn, the former U.S. Marine, failed to make the 155-pound limit, stepping off the scale at 156.6 pounds. Maromo was on the money for his efforts at 154 pounds.
Lynn and Maromo will still clash on tomorrow night’s live card airing on AXS TV in a three-round bout.
Two middleweight bouts are also set for MFC 34 with the winners set to meet for the 185-pound division title later this year. Joseph Henle (7-0-1) was on the mark at 185.4 pounds, but his opponent, judo player Luke Harris (9-1) was off on his attempt, weighing in at 187 pounds.
The other middleweight matchup saw both fighters on target – Elvis Mutapcic at 184.6 and Jacen Flynn at 185.
MFC 34: Total Recall Official Weigh-In Results
MFC Lightweight Title
- Adam Lynn – 156.6** vs. Mukai Maromo – 154.0
- Joseph Henle – 185.4 vs. Luke Harris – 187.0*
- Mike Hackert – 222.2 vs. Tim Hague – 262.0
- Elvis Mutapcic – 184.6 vs. Jacen Flynn – 185.0
- Nick Hinchliffe – 170.2 vs. Dhiego Lima – 170.8
Catchweight (190 lbs)
- Jason Zentgraf – 190.6 vs. Cody Krahn – 194.4*
Catchweight (160 lbs)
- Dan Ring – 159.0 vs. Derek Boyle – 160.8
- Derek Parker – 185.2 vs. Paul Grandbois – 184.4
- Lee Mein – 239.4 vs. Smealinho Rama – 259.6
**Adam Lynn misses weight by 1.6 pounds; forfeits 20% of purse; fight changed to three-round, non-title bout
*Luke Harris (1 pound over) and Cody Krahn (3.4 pounds over) miss weight; both forfeit 20% of purse