The UFC announced via their website today that highly ranked Hatsu Hioki will face Ricardo Lamas in a featherweight bout that’s set for the UFC on FX 4 event on June 22nd. The event will take place in Atlantic City, New Jersey, at the Revel Casino.
Hatsu Hioki (26-4-2) is coming off a dominant unanimous decision win over Bart Palaszewski at UFC 144. Hioki used striking and some very impressive grappling to show why many consider him the number two featherweight in the world. Hioki is riding a six fight winning streak, including two wins inside the octagon since joining the UFC.
Ricardo Lamas (11-2) is coming off a submission win over Cub Swanson at the UFC on Fox 1 event last November. Lamas has won back to back fights since suffering a defeat at the hands of Yuri Alcantara in his final WEC fight. Lamas is (2-0) since the WEC/UFC merger.
The UFC on FX 4 event will be headlined by a five round main event fight between Gray Maynard and Clay Guida. The rest of the fight card can be found below:
- Lightweight bout: Gray Maynard vs. Clay Guida
- Lightweight bout: Sam Stout vs. Spencer Fisher
- Welterweight bout: Brian Ebersole vs. TJ Waldburger
- Featherweight bout: Ross Pearson vs. Cub Swanson
- Welterweight bout: Rick Story vs. Rich Attonito
- Middleweight bout: Nick Catone vs. Chris Camozzi
- Welterweight bout: Dan Miller vs. Ricardo Funch
- Featherweight bout: Jimy Hettes vs. Steven Siler
- Welterweight bout: Matthew Riddle vs. Luis Ramos
- Bantamweight bout: Edwin Figueroa vs. Ken Stone
- Lightweight bout: Ramsey Nijem vs. C.J. Keith
- Featherweight bout: Hatsu Hioki vs. Ricardo Lamas